I’m sharing this Skinny Chicken Fried Rice and how I use Zep Quick Clean Disinfectant for clean up as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #ZepSocialstars
I love Chinese food. An all time favorite I discovered from a friend (thank you, Michelle) is Sesame Chicken. Oh my yummy goodness! However, if you’re trying to watch what you eat (or your budget), this Skinny Chicken Fried Rice is a winner. It’s weight watchers friendly and packed with flavor!
How many messes do you make in the kitchen? Whether you’re prepping for a Summer Barbecue or cooking indoors — cleaning up and properly disinfecting is super important to keep the bacteria at bay!
Immediately after preparing raw meat (poultry, fish, eggs, etc), clean any utensils and surfaces that you used with hot, soapy water. Follow up with a great disinfectant too. My go-to is Zep Quick Clean Disinfectant.
Why Zep Quick Clean? Well, I love that it kills 99.9% of bacteria ( common kitchen bacteria -and- bathroom bacteria. It’s always nice to have products around the house that are versatile too! This disinfectant can be used in the kitchen, bathroom, on toys, outdoor furniture, etc.
Guess what? It also kills cold (rhinovirus) & flu virus. Boom! Who doesn’t love an easy one step product that cleans, disinfects, deodorizes in one easy step? Be sure to pick up a bottle of Zep Quick Clean Disinfectant at your local Home Depot! I’d love to hear what you think….
But let’s get to the best part — the recipe, shall we?
Skinny Chicken Fried Rice
- Cooking Spray
- 4 large egg white
- 1/2 cup scallion chopped (both green and white parts
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 12 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 cup carrot diced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice hot
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas thawed
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add egg whites and cook, until scrambled, stirring frequently. Approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add cooking spray to skillet and place back over medium-high heat. Add scallions and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add chicken and carrots; sauté until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in reserved cooked egg whites, cooked brown rice, peas and soy sauce; cook until heated through, stirring once or twice.
Other delicious skinny dishes you might enjoy:
Skinny Corn Bake
Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders
Skinny Chicken and Corn Quesadillas
Apple Carrot Salad with Pistachios
Low Fat Taco Salad
Skinny Pineapple Angel Loaves
Happy cooking — and disinfecting, friends!