How many of you have set some weight loss goals? Me-me-me-me-me. I set them, then I fail miserably… I’m hoping this is my year. I’m joining Weight Watchers this week. I need to lose weight, I’m uncomfortable in my own skin these days. So, I’m on the hunt for healthier, skinnier, low-fat meals. These Skinny Chicken and Corn Quesadillas fit the bill and then they hit the spot! Flavorful without all the guilt? Yes, please!
Skinny Chicken and Corn Quesadillas
- 4 7-9 inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 8-3/4 oz can corn kernels, drained
- 1 7 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- Top half of each tortilla with 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of the chicken, one-fourth of the corn, one-fourth of the roasted peppers and 1 tablespoon of the cilantro. Fold the unfilled tortilla half over the filling, lightly pressing down.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add 2 of the quesadillas and cook until the tortillas are crisp and cheese begins to melt, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into three pieces and transfer to plate. Serve with sour cream and salsa
What do you think? Looking tasty, right? And let me tell you, I am falling more and more in love with cilantro, friends — it really adds a magical touch to some dishes! These quesadillas are no exception. Deliciousness. The hubs even said, and this is a light recipe, huh? Boom.
Wish me luck on my weight loss journey… last year I lost 20 pounds and then fell face first off the bandwagon and probably gained 30 back (insert face palm). Food is my vice — I love it so, but I need to get healthy. That’s all I got. Ciao!
Care to stay in the loop? I’d love to have you!
Catch me snapping + sharing pictures over on Instagram.
Subscribe to Updates | Like on Facebook | Follow on Pinterest
Leave a Reply