This corn bake may be on the skinnier side; however, I’m certain you’ll be back for seconds!
Corn lovers rejoice! With summer comes corn on the cobb. Yes, please! There are so many delicious reasons to love summer. Grilling out, fresh strawberry shortcake, popsicles and more!
Corn is one of my all-time favorite vegetables. I love grilling it, boiling it, cutting it off the cobb and making this Skinny Corn Bake too. It’s the perfect side dish for all those backyard picnics too.
Delicious Skinny Corn Bake
Family picnics are some of my favorite childhood memories… Dad firing up the grill, mom making macaroni salad and other sides, while my sister and I would carry out all of the table setting necessities. One thing my family did a lot of was laugh! My dad is quite the goof ball… never a dull moment, even to this day (love you, dad).
The summer heat has a changed a lot since then, so sometimes eating outdoors isn’t as comfortable — so bring the picnic indoors. Right? Paper plates, BBQ chicken and potato salad can be enjoyed indoors or outdoors.
To lighten this recipe up, the sour cream has been substituted with low-fat buttermilk and we’re using a small amount of light butter instead of way too much full-fat butter. I don’t think you’ll even notice the difference, as this bake is still packed with flavor. Pair it with these Cast Iron Skillet BBQ Drumsticks and dinner is served!
Skinny Corn Bake
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 can 14 3/4 oz. cream-style corn
- 1 box 8 1/2 oz. Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. light stick butter melted
- Preheat the over to 400º F.
- Spray a 9x9 baking dish nonstick spray.
- Mix fresh corn kernels, cream-style corn, corn muffin mix, buttermilk and butter (melted) in a large bowl.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 40 minutes.
Mmmm. I’m thinking I might need to sneak this into our dinner plans this week. Let me know what you think!
By the way, use some of your extra buttermilk to whip up these Healthy Cranberry Scones (another great Weight Watchers recipe).
Be sure to visit with me here too:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Google+
Leave a Reply