This easy and light Apple Carrot Salad with pistachios is the perfect side dish for your summer entertaining.
Apple Carrot Salad with Pistachios
I recently joined Weight Watchers again. After a long winter and being prescribed ‘rest’ due to shoulder surgery — weight loss is necessary. I almost had a stroke when I weighed myself a month or so ago. Why can’t I eat and be skinny too? Hee-hee.
So, as you can imagine, I’m on the hunt for some lighter recipes. I’m not always open to trying things that seems outside my comfort zone. An apple and carrot salad might fall outside of that zone; however, I thought it was worth a try.
My husband and I were both a bit skeptical as we prepared the salad. However, we were pleasantly surprised! This Apple Carrot Salad is light and tasty — perfect as a side dish or added as a sandwich topping. I enjoyed it on a grilled chicken wrap as well, it was delicious! When I created the recipe in my Weight Watchers account, I was even more surprised to see that there were only 2 smart points per serving. SCORE!
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we did.
Apple and Carrot Salad with Pistachios
- 3 cups carrots julienned
- 2 medium Macintosh apples or other sweet apples, julienned
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios divided
- Salt optional
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, apples, lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add 1/4 cup pistachios; toss to combine.
- Season with salt, optional.
- Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pistachios before serving.
Here’s to warm weather, summer salads and a healthy dish! Let me know what you think.
Be sure to visit with me here too:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter |Google+
Linking up to Between Naps on the Porch
Leave a Reply