Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs, flavorful and guilt free. With summer, comes a lot of grilling. From chicken breasts to salmon to steak! We absolutely love to grill. It’s something we enjoy doing during the warmer months…. and fall (wink). This Hawaiian Chicken Kabob Recipe is a new favorite around here.
As you may or may not know, I’m on Weight Watchers (officially down 20 pounds). I subscribe to a newsletter from Martha from Simple Nourished Living. She encouraged us to try a new recipe each week this summer. I haven’t been successful every week, but this chicken kabob recipe is one that I did whip up one weekend. And guess what? It was AMAZING! I find that pairing pineapple and chicken on a skewer really keeps the chicken moist. This mix of vegetables, fruit and protein is an explosion of flavor for your tastebuds.
Hawaiian Chicken Kabob Recipe
- 1 pound uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 medium pineapple
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 large uncooked onion
- 1/4 pineapple juice
- 3 cloves medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cupes cooked white rice kept hot for serving
- Cooking Spray
- Cut each chicken breast, pineapple, peppers and onion into approximately 24 one inch thick pieces.
- Combine chicken, pineapple juice, garlic, soy sauce and oil in a large bowl (nonmetallic).
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill and lightly coat vegetables with cooking spray.
- Thread 2 pieces of pepper, pineapple, chicken and onion onto each of 8 skewers.
- Grill over medium heat until chicken is completely cooked, approximately 8 to 10 minutes, turning kabobs as necessary.
SmartPoints Value: 6
So, as you can imagine, I highly recommend this dish! Pair your kabobs with rice and dinner is served. Let’s preheat that grill!