On the hunt for a healthy meatloaf recipe? This Weight Watchers Meatloaf is amazing. Made using ground turkey and a top secret ingredient (carrots, shhhh) — this dish is light and flavorful. Don’t tell the kids, but the carrots add moisture as it bakes and sneak in a veggie to your meal as an extra bonus.
Weight Watchers Meatloaf Recipe
By the beginning of May, I had lost 10 pounds on Weight Watchers. I was doing really well and staying on track. Then May rolled around and started off with a business trip to St. Louis, right now we’re hosting company and eating out a lot aaaaand my birthday is this week. Bring on the CAKE!
So, do you see my dilemma here? Yeah. I decided to go easy on myself for the rest of the month. I’m using the excuse that it’s my birthday month, so let’s just roll with it. Okay? (wink).
I love meatloaf. I’ve even shared a couple of other great meatloaf recipes in the past. How about you, do you like meatloaf? I have so many childhood memories of family dinners that included meatloaf being served with potatoes and a vegetable. Not to mention the laughs, memories and conversations.
I’m sure you’re thinking, “Yeah, I like meatloaf — but a healthy version?”
Healthy Meatloaf Recipe
Yep. A healthy meatloaf recipe that you could never tell is a weight watchers recipe! It doesn’t taste like diet food. It’s actually a very tasty dish. My husband loved it too — he even used leftovers to make meatloaf sandwiches.
I’m certain the kids won’t even mind the carrots — especially if they can add a little ketchup. Right? Let’s dig in to this healthy dish. Enjoy!
Healthy Turkey Meatloaf
- cooking spray
- 2 pounds uncooked ground turkey breast
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray a 9x13" baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Mix ground turkey, carrots, bread crumbs, egg-whites, mustard, onion powder, garlic powder and salt in a large bowl until fairly smooth.
- Form into a 10-inch oblong loaf (with a flat bottom). Set in baking pan.
- Brush meat loaf with Worcestershire sauce and bake for about 1 hour; until meatloaf is brown and a meat thermometer inserted in the center of loaf reads 165 F.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan before slicing into 8 even slices.
Looking for some side dish ideas?
Garlic Sautéed Spinach
Pressure Cooker Creamed Corn
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Be sure to visit with me here too:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Google+
Leave a Reply