This Garlic Sautéed Spinach has become one of my favorite side dishes and it’s so incredibly easy! Whether it’s paired with chicken, salmon or steaks — it’s sure to compliment your meal.
If there’s one part of dinner that I love, it’s side dishes. Mashed potatoes, corn, coleslaw, green beans, etc. When I first got married, my parents were out for a visit and mom suggested that we sauté some spinach. It sounded delicious, but I didn’t have a clue where to start.
Simple Garlic Sautéed Spinach
Fortunately, mom to the rescue. She showed me how simple this recipe was — and it’s become a regular dish in our house. Most of the ingredients you probably already have in your refrigerator and pantry too.
Garlic Sauteed Spinach
- 1 1/2 pounds baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic 6 cloves
- Lemon Juice optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rinse the spinach.
- In a very large pan, heat the olive oil and saute the garlic over medium heat for about 1 minute, but not until it's browned.
- Add the spinach, toss it with the garlic and oil.
- Cover the pot, and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover the pot, turn the heat on high, and cook the spinach for another minute, stirring with a wooden spoon, until all the spinach is wilted.
- Using a slotted spoon, lift the spinach to a serving bowl. Add a splash of lemon juice, optional.
- Serve hot. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
This sauteed spinach dish is perfect to season to your liking too. Add more garlic, season with salt and pepper, add a spritz of lemon and more! A healthy dish packed with flavor that you can enjoy seconds guilt free.
Do you have a favorite side dish? Share them with me in the comments. Here’s to healthy side dishes!
Be sure to visit with me here too:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter |Google+
Leave a Reply