Tortellini Soup Recipe with Beef
This hearty Tortellini Soup recipe is made with cheesy tortellini browned ground beef, nutritious tomatoes and vegetables, and flavorful seasoning. Therefore, we have a soup that will fill you up — oh, and warm you up.
As the colder temperatures are rolling in for most of us, it can only mean one thing — soup season. And this Tortellini Soup will certainly not disappoint.
Be sure to sign up for my email to get
new recipes and creative ideas
sent right to your inbox!
Soups are a winter favorite. Therefore, you’ll see it on my menu at least once a week during the winter months. Whether it’s vegetable-based soup or a Three Bean Chili, I’m all aboard.
Add some warm rolls, a baguette or cheese, and crackers, and dinner is served. As a matter of fact, we just had some (store-bought) Broccoli and Cheddar soup the other night with a toasted baguette. Yum.
Pairing soups with a salad is another great option, which always makes me think of the Olive Garden. Likewise, let’s take a look at the recipe.
Hearty Winter Soup Recipe
Salte and Pepper, to taste
Parsley, for garnish
Parmesan Cheese, for garnish
Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add celery and onion. Saute onions. Add zucchini and Italian seasoning, cook a couple more minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside in a separate dish.
In the same large pan or Dutch oven, crumble the ground beef and cook until browned. After that, toss in the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
Stir back in sautéed vegetables, tomatoes, broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Let the soup simmer for 25-30 minutes.
Add in tortellini and spinach, simmer. The cooking time depends on whether you use fresh or frozen tortellini. Cook until pasta is tender and cooked thoroughly.
Serve the tortellini soup hot with fresh parsley and shredded Parmesan cheese.
How long does leftover tortellini soup last?
Tortellini Soup Recipe with Beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 8 oz package of tortellini (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley and/or parmesan cheese for topping
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add in diced celery and diced onion. Saute until onions are soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add in diced zucchini and Italian seasoning and cook another 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside in a separate dish.
- In the same pan, crumble the ground beef and cook until browned. Toss in the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir back in sautéed vegetables, tomatoes, broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Let the soup simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Add in tortellini and spinach and simmer for about 10-13 minutes depending on whether you're using fresh or frozen tortellini until pasta is tender and cooked through.
- Serve hot with fresh parsley and/or shredded Parmesan cheese.
Connect with Live Laugh Rowe!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
Hugs and Blessings!
Leave a Reply