So, I kinda took the month of May (my birthday month) off from Weight Watchers. I thought I deserved to treat myself a little more often, but not go crazy…. and, most importantly, I’d get back on track. Yes, I did have a small gain, but I’m already resuming my healthier routines. The struggle is real, friends. I simply love food (haha). To celebrate healthier choices, I have this amazing Chicken Piccata Stir-Fry recipe to share with you.
I think one of my favorite dishes to eat on Weight Watchers is fajitas. The chicken, onion and peppers are all free in points. If I only have one or two tortillas, it’s a low point dinner that fills me right up! Learn how to make Chicken Fajitas in a Cast Iron Skillet.
This Chicken Piccata Stir-Fry is another fabulous Weight Watchers recipe too. A serving is one cup and it’s only 2 SmartPoints on the Flex Program.
The lemon really brightens the flavor of this stir-fry too — just be sure to add it after the food is plated, not when it’s in the pan. You don’t want to ruin your pan’s patina.
Alrighty, it’s time to dig right in to this lemony, flavorful dish. Enjoy!
Chicken Piccata Stir-Fry
- 1 pound uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into 1/4" thick slices)
- 3 tbsp dry sherry, divided
- 2 tsp cornstarch, divided
- 3/4 tsp table salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth (low sodiums works too)
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tsp peanut oil (or vegetable oil), divided
- 1 medium uncooked shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups uncooked string beans, cut into 2" lengths
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 medium lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, 1 tbsp dry sherry, 1 tsp cornstarch, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, remaining 2 tbsp dry sherry and 1 tsp cornstarch.
- Heat a 14-inch flat bottomed wok or 12-inch skillet over high heat until a drop of water evaporates within 1 to 2 seconds of contact; swirl in 3 teaspoons oil. Add shallots and garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds or until fragrant. Push shallot mixture to side of wok/skillet and add chicken; spread evenly in one layer in wok/skillet. Cook undisturbed 1 minute, letting chicken begin to sear. Stir-fry 1 minute until chicken is no longer pink, but not cooked through.
- Swirl in remaining 1 tsp oil. Add green beans and capers and sprinkle on remaining 1/4 tsp salt; stir-fry 30 seconds or until just combines. Swirl in broth mixture; stir-fry 1-2 minute or until chicken is cooke through and sauce has lightly thickened.
- Sprinkle on parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Here’s a few more Weight Watchers recipes to try!
Healthy Meatloaf Recipe | Weight Watchers Meatloaf
Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders
3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
Hawaiian Chicken Kabob Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Sliders