Grilling season is upon us! Can I get an AMEN? We put our grill to good use in the summer, from grilled lettuce to steaks to burgers and more. A recipe we tried earlier this year (when my parents were in town) were these amazing Buffalo Chicken Sliders. I’ve had this yummy goodness in my back pocket, just waiting for the perfect time to share it with you. Well, today’s your lucky day!
These are so incredibly flavorful and, better yet, weight watchers friendly! I’ve fallen off the diet band wagon (again), but eating these makes it seem so doable. Tasty and no guilt? Yes, please.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound ground skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 2 ½ -inch mini whole-wheat buns, split
- 8 small green leaf lettuce leaves or more, if desired
- 8 small tomato slices
- 2 tablespoons crumbled low-fat blue cheese
- Combine onion, bell pepper, and water in large nonstick skillet. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally until water is evaporated and vegetables are very tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer to large bowl; let cool 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, Buffalo wing sauce, and salt to vegetables in bowl; mix well. With damp hands, shaped into 8 ( ½ -inch thick) patties. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap and chill until firm, at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Coat skillet with oil and set over medium heat. Add patties and cook until instant-read thermometer inserted into side of burger registers 165 degrees F for well done, approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Pull some of the bread from centers of buns. Place lettuce on bottoms of buns; top each with 1 burger, 1 tomato slice and scant 1 teaspoon blue cheese. Cover with tops of buns
Have a favorite burger or slider recipe? Share it with me in the comments – I’m always on the hunt for yummy burger recipes. Another favorite of ours is this delicious Greek Burger. Oh my delicious goodness….