A Stuffed Peppers Recipe that is colorful and flavorful, you might have to double it! A family favorite that never disappoints.
Stuffed Peppers Recipe
These stuffed peppers are an oldie, but a goodie. A meal that usually takes me on a walk down memory lane. So, as you can imagine, I’ve been enjoying this recipe since I was a kid — and it’s still my go-to recipe for stuffed peppers.
I love having these recipes in my recipe box, the ones my mom has passed down to me. They’re nothing fancy, but they pack a punch of homemade goodness.
For some reason I almost always make these using only green peppers. I think that’s from habit — and usually my mom has only used green peppers. For photographing, I decided to add some extra pops of color with the red and orange.
Anywho, it’s a colorful dish that incorporates protein, starch and vegetables. Woo hoo! Serve with a salad and/or a vegetable. I love pairing my stuffed peppers with corn — mmmm, I love corn! I should try pairing it with my Pressure Cooker Creamed Corn, huh?
And with that being said, I hope you’ll give them a try. Enjoy!
Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 5 or 6 large peppers
- 5 cups boiling salted water
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 can 15 oz tomato sauce, divided
- Sliced Provolone Cheese optional
- Heat oven to 350.
- Remove the stem, seeds and membrane from each pepper. Wash inside and out. Cook peppers in boiling salted water 5 minutes; drain.
- Cook and stir ground beef (or turkey) and onion in large skillet until onion is tender. Drain off fat. Stir in salt, garlic salt, rice and 1 cup of the tomato sauce; heat through.
- Lightly stuff each pepper with approximately 1/2 cup meat mixture. Stand peppers upright in ungreased baking dish. Pour remaining tomato sauce over peppers.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Add sliced provolone cheese (optional) and serve.
Dinner is served. And I don’t know about you, but I’m officially hungry!
Are you ready to get cooking? If you’re looking for some more delicious inspiration, be sure to add these recipes to your weekly meal plan too.
Other delicious recipes you might enjoy:
Tuna Casserole Recipe
Easy Chicken Tacos
Skinny Spinach Lasagna Rolls
Hawaiian Chicken Kabob Recipe
Potato Pancake Recipe
Bon Appétit!Be sure to visit with me here too:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter |Google+
Leave a Reply