This Spinach and Feta Quiche is simple to make and perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Another perk, this is a Weight Watchers friendly recipe!
Over the years I’ve shared several quiche recipes and that’s because I LOVE quiche. When anyone tells me about a place with great quiche — I’m there or adding it to my list of places to visit.
My favorite quiches have crust, but the crust adds quite a bit of fat (especially if you’re on a diet or changing your eating habits). Womp womp womp!
So, I like to cheat a bit on Fridays after I weigh-in — a celebration of loss or gain. So, I’ve enjoyed some great quiches since moving back to the Springfield-Rogersville area, particularly on Fridays. HA!
Quiches are something my mom made when we were kids. I think they all had crust, which is probably why I love that part the most. This hamburger quiche goes waaaaay back and kind of makes me sentimental, it’s also a favorite of mine.
I’ve learned to love many different quiches as I’ve gotten older. This is one I got from a Weight Watchers leaders and I have to admit that I was a little skeptical about feta cheese in a quiche. It just sounded a bit wonky. However, it proved me wrong as it was quite tasty.
Coming in at only 3 smart points (on the Freestyle program) — you could enjoy a couple of slices if you want! Enjoy.
Spinach and Feta Quiche
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 oz Fresh Baby Spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/3 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9-inch glass pie pan with cooking spray.
- Sauté onion in non-stick skillet on medium heat until tender and begins to caramelize.
- Add spinach to onion and sauté, stirring until spinach has wilted. Set spinach mixture aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, baking powder, salt, flour, cayenne pepper and milk. Stir in spinach and onion mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie pan and top with feta cheese.
- Bake 35 minutes or until center is set and outside edge is golden brown. Let set 5 minutes before serving.