It’s long over due, friends. While I may have fallen off the diet band wagon over the past couple of months, it doesn’t mean that I can’t share a skinny recipe, right? If there is one food that is sure to win me over every. single. time — it’s quiche. I love quiche. I love going to tea houses because they tend to serve some of the most delicious quiche. Gosh, I’m getting hungry just typing this up. When I lived in Springfield, MO, a tea shop opened up way too close to our apartment (and where I worked). They had delicious everything, but their quiche still stands out in my mind. So, you can imagine my excitement when I found a Skinny Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche. Yes, please!
Oh, don’t forget to save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all of my recipes! Create a Meal Plan out of your favorite recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery Shopping List!
Skinny Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
- 6 oz. pie crust 9-inch, refrigerated
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1-1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fat free cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard regular mustard will work as well
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or more to taste
- 10 oz. frozen chopped broccoli thawed and well-drained
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese split
- Preheat oven to 375. Press pie crust into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie pan; refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make filling, heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft, about 3 minutes. Transfer onion to a large bowl and add ricotta cheese, cheddar cheese, egg, egg whites, mustard, oregano, salt, pepper and 1 Tbsp. of Parmesan Cheese. Mix well and fold in broccoli.
- Spoon mixture into prepared crust and level surgace with a wooden spon; sprinkle with remainder of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces.
Whether it’s served with a leafy green salad or a side of apple sauce, your taste buds will appreciate the symphony of flavors this quiche delivers.
All that’s left to ask is when will you be serving this to your friends and family?
Maybe a quiche recipe needs to be added into the rotations. Cheers!