When it comes to summer grilling — kebabs skewers are an all-time favorite of mine! Mixing those fresh vegetables with a protein? Yes, please and thank you. This BBQ Chicken Skewers recipe has pineapple and sweet red onions, brushed with a delicious barbecue and cilantro sauce.
BBQ Chicken Skewers Recipe
I was telling my mom about this Weight Watchers recipe because of how low in points it was per skewer — and she said, “Ewww!”
I was like, “Huh? Chicken, pineapple, onions and barbecue sauce don’t sound like a winning combination? “ They sure did to me.
Chicken Skewers Recipe
For the record, anytime I see cilantro in the ingredient list I get super excited. Cilantro adds an amazing burst of flavor to just about any dish!
Anywho, despite my moms reservations, I’ve since made this recipe two different times and devoured my serving of three or four skewers. Add a side of white or brown rice and dinner is served!
I love the sweet juiciness the pineapple brings to these BBQ Chicken Skewers too. So crank up the grill and enjoy enjoy this Weight Watchers friendly recipe — it’s low in points, but HIGH in flavor (see what I did there?). Wink-wink! Enjoy.
BBQ Chicken Skewers with Pineapple
- 8 (6-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut in 16 (1-inch) cubes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into approximately 16 wedges
- 16 (1-inch) cubes of fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking Spray
- Soak wood skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent them from drying out and potentially catching fire while grilling.
- Preheat grill to 400º F
- Divide chicken cubes, onion wedges and pineapple cubes among skewers.
- Combine barbecue sauce, cilantro and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place skewers on grill rack (or place aluminum foil on grill rack) coated with cooking spray. Brush skewers with sauce mixture. Grill 4 minutes, brushing occasionally with sauce mixture. Turn skewers over; brush with sauce mixture. Grill 4 minutes or until chicken is done and onion is tender.
Additional Grilling Recipes to try:
Hawaiian Chicken Kebobs
Greek Pork Chops
Summer Side Dishes:
Skinny Corn Bake
Tuna Macaroni Salad
Apple Carrot Salad with Pistachios
Be sure to visit with me here too:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Google+
Leave a Reply