Happy Monday! A new week is here. Yay! Anything exciting on your agenda? Well, tomorrow I leave for my third trip of the month to Utah. As exhausting as this month has been, I am super excited to hang out with my blog bestie (Jenn) and attend a work conference.
Anywho, let’s talk about delicious food, shall we? I love beans (giggle). Garbanzo beans, refried beans, pork and beans and more! So, sharing this Black Bean Dip recipe with all of you is making my taste buds water… it is soooo good! I made this with my Mom (hi mom) and I couldn’t wait to finish photographing it so I could keep eating it. True story!
With Cinco de Mayo right around the corner, this is a perfect ready-to-go dish! I’m ready to grab a margarita and start snacking!
This Black Bean Dip is puréed goodness! Made of beans, onion, vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, oil, garlic and cumin.
Black Bean Dip
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 2 16 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Tortilla Chips
- Set aside one tablespoon of the red onion and one tablespoon of cilantro aside for the garnish.
- In a food processor (or blender), purée the beans, remaining red onion, vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, oil, garlic and cumin.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl, add salt and pepper. Sprinkle with reserved red onion and cilantro.
- Serve with with tortilla chips and vegetables.
Do you have a favorite dip for chips? Be sure to share in the comments below!