Five ingredients and 15 minutes will make this delicious Cannoli Dip Recipe — a real crowd pleaser!
Recently, my parents officially retired and moved from Wayne, NJ to Springfield, MO. Where they lived in New Jersey was saturated with Italian restaurants and bakeries. Cannoli were a VERY popular dessert. You couldn’t attend a party and not find cannoli on the dessert table. #truestory
A couple of years ago while home for the holidays, my mom introduced us to cannoli dip. Holy cow… yum! While we loved the dip, after returning home, we forgot about it.
However, my sister had a co-worker bring cannoli dip to work and it was at that moment we thought beyond the New Jersey bakery. Ha ha!
So, I decided to try my hand at it. Trial and error played a part in making this, but I finally got a batch right and it was delicious! Straining the ricotta cheese was key for my success. When I didn’t drain it, the dip was soupy. A happy dance was necessary when it turned out.
This is a delicious party snack and the dip has all the flavors of a cannoli when paired with waffle cone pieces or pizzelles.
Cannoli Dip Recipe
- 2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 8 oz package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups confectionary sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Drain ricotta with cheesecloth to remove access moisture.
- Beat ricotta cheese and cream cheese together in a bowl until smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla. Continue to stir in mixture until sugar is completely incorporated.
- Fold chocolate chips into the cheese mixture.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 10 minutes.
- Serve with pizzelle cookies, waffle crisps and/or waffle cones