My barbecue sauce obsession just got better — and paired with my love for the slow cooker, these BBQ Chicken Wings are a match made in heaven. Can you say easy and delicious?
We are a wing family, no doubt! From fried to baked to the slow cooker — bring on the wings! During the holidays, things seem to get a little more hectice, so the slow cooker is my bestie. The shining star of this recipe is the KC Masterpiece Barbecue Sauce. It’s a perfect blend of rich tomato sauce, molasses and spices. Created in Kansas City (where they love to barbecue) and it’s still the number one selling sauce there today. Pretty cool, right? Well, let’s roll up our sleeves and get this wing party started!
Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Wings
- 4 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 1/2 cups KC Masterpiece Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Celery optional
- Ranch Dip optional
- Cut off and discard wing tips. Cut each wing at joint and discard wing tip.
- Place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4-5 inches from heat for 15-20 minutes, turning once. Transfer chicken to slow cooker.
- Combine bbq sauce, honey, mustard and worcestershire sauce, pour over chicken wings. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Serve with celery and ranch dip, optional.