If you’re patriotic and love cookies, then you’re sure to enjoy these Patriotic Cake Batter Cookies! These cookies are simple to make, tasty and colorful. A perfect combination, right? Wink-wink.
My husbands birthday is on July 4th, so the festivities always include red, white and blue (except when he turned 50)! Ironically, he’s Canadian, so it’s a running joke that his birthday is on a highly celebrated American holiday.
Even though he became a citizen several years ago, we still enjoy a chuckle every now and again about that. And I have to admit that I’m glad red, white and blue get a little more attention around patriotic holidays.
Anywho, if you’re hosting a July 4th barbecue or taking a dish to share — why not make whip up a batch of these cake batter cookies? They’re semi-homemade since you’ll be using a white cake mix. Add just a few other ingredients to the mix and dessert is served!
I would imagine that if the kids or grandkids are around, they’d love to help you pull these together. They’re hard to mess up! Enjoy!
Patriotic Cake Batter Cookies
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- red and blue food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine dry cake mix, egg whites and oil in a mixing bowl.
- Separate dough into three bowls.
- Set one bowl aside for the white dough.
- Add red food coloring to the second bowl until desired color is reached.
- Add blue food coloring to the third bowl until desired color is reached.
- Grab a small piece of dough from each color to form one teaspoon-sized ball.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Continue with remaining dough.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.