Oh, friends…. have I got a treat for you! This Cream Wafer Cookie Recipe is not only amazingly delicious, but I’m confident that’s it’s going to be your new favorite cookie. Uh-huh…. They make a great Valentine’s Day Dessert too.
I remember helping my mom make these every year for Christmas… I’m not sure why, but we only made them over the Christmas holiday. Hmmm… However, I’ve been thinking that they’re waaaaay too good to only be enjoyed once a year. IMHO, of course (wink).
And while I’m sharing this recipe for Valentine’s Day — the filling can be so versatile by adding additional flavors and/or colors. Delicious and options is a win-win for a cookie recipe, don’t you agree?
Let’s get to the sugary sweets — and make this yummy Cream Wafer Cookie Recipe. They’re a perfect sweet treat for Valentine’s Day. I love the pink, white and red.
Perfect Valentine’s Day Dessert
Cream Wafer Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- food coloring, optional
- Mix flour, margarine and cream. Cover and refrigerate (at least 30 minutes)
- Heat oven to 375. Roll about 1/3 of dough at a time, approximately 1/8 inch thick on floured cloth-covered board (keep remaining dough refrigerated).
- Cut into 1-1/2" rounds. Coat both sides with sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Prick each round with fork 3-4 times.
- Bake 7-9 minutes, until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet and allow to cool. Put cookies together in pairs with filling (see below).
- Mix powdered sugar, softened butter and vanilla until smooth and fluffy. Beat in a few drop of water, if necessary. Filling should have a smooth, spreading consistency. Add food coloring to filling for different holidays.
And like I said, make them for other festive treats too…