These Red Velvet Cookies with cream cheese frosting and raspberry jam are great for feeding your sweet cravings!
I’ve fallen off the weight loss band wagon for a bit. Travel is so incredibly difficult when you’re trying to lose weight and, well, I’ve had quite a bit of travel lately and I have more coming up. I love the travel — just not the weight gain. Hee-hee.
So, when you’re eating a little more freely, you may or may not eat more dessert. Ya know, something like these amazing Red Velvet Cookies!
Since we’re oohing and ahhing over desserts, let’s chat a bit about Red Velvet desserts. I love red velvet cake, cupcakes, bundt cakes and, well, all things red velvet. Combine that with cream cheese frosting and I’m like a kid in a candy store.
These Red Velvet Cake Cookies are a real treat, friends! Start your engines and head to the grocery store to grab these ingredients, I’m fairly certain your family (or co-workers) will thank you later. Pssst, don’t forget the milk!
Let me know what you think! Enjoy.
Red Velvet Cookies
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 block cream cheese room temperature
- 1/8 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, butter and oil. Mix well.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, scoop cookies onto pan. Using a melon baller works well.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Let cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before frosting.
Frosting and Garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix the confectioners’ sugar and cream cheese together until it’s well incorporated.
- Pipe a small amount of icing on top of the cookie, or you can also use a knife if you prefer to smooth the icing onto the cookie.
- After icing all cookies, place small dollops of raspberry jam in the center of the cookies.