I’ve fallen off the weight loss band wagon for a bit. Travel is so incredibly difficult when you’re trying to lose weight and, well, I’ve had quite a bit of travel lately and I have more coming up. I love the travel — just not the weight gain. Hee-hee. So, when you’re eating a little more freely, you may or may not eat more dessert. These Red Velvet Cookies with cream cheese frosting and raspberry jam are great for feeding your sweet cravings!
Since we’re oohing and ahhing over desserts, let’s chat a bit about Red Velvet desserts. I love red velvet cake, cupcakes, bundt cakes and, well, all thing red velvet. Combine that with cream cheese frosting and I’m like a kid in a candy store.
So, these Red Velvet Cake Cookies were a real treat — let me know what you think!
|Red Velvet Cookies|| |
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ block cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅛ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, butter and oil. Mix well.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, scoop cookies onto pan. Using a melon baller works well.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Let cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, mix the confectioners’ sugar and cream cheese together until it’s well incorporated.
- Pipe a small amount of icing on top of the cookie, or you can also use a knife if you prefer to smooth the icing onto the cookie.
- After icing all cookies, place small dollops of raspberry jam in the center of the cookies.