If you like bananas, these Frosted Banana Cookies might just be a dream come true (hee-hee).
Years ago I lived a short time in Manhattan, KS. I was serving on staff at one of the local churches as the Children’s Pastor and rented out a room from a woman in the church who introduced me to this delicious recipe. I’ve been hooked ever since.
Whenever I have some bananas that are a little too ripe, guess what recipe comes to mind? Bingo… these banana cookies.
Frosted Banana Cookies
- Set Oven to 350˚
- Cream shortening, brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs and bananas.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to wet mixture.
- Drop on non-stick cookie sheet by teaspoon.
- You can press down the dough or leave in drops.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- Bring to brown sugar, milk and margarine to a boil.
- Continue to boil until sugar is dissolved. Add powdered sugar until frosting is spreadable.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies on the cookie sheet or cooling rack.
If you like bananas or banana bread, you will LOVE these!
Lemon Lime Cookie Crisps
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting