Mexican lovers rejoice! This is delicous dish with a WW twist. A tostada recipe that features avocado, corn and lime juice — simply tossed together and piled high on top of a crunchy corn tortilla.
Do you love Mexican food? Mmmmm, I do. Chips and salsa? Yes, please. Chicken Chimichanga? With extra sour cream, please. Tacos? I’ll take three! And don’t even get me started on my love for fajitas.
If you’re a fan of Mexican, be sure to share one of your favorite dishes in the comments. I’d love to hear!
My husband and I ate a lot more Mexican when we lived in St. Louis. We haven’t had a lot of it since we’ve moved, but it certainly hasn’t changed our love for the food.
I love to make tacos at home, but wanted to try something a little different. I stumbled upon this WW Tostada Recipe and thought why not? It was quite tasty.
The original recipe calls for jicama, but I wasn’t able to find any. So I did a little digging and found that water chestnuts were a good substitute — they wouldn’t alter the taste, but would add a bit of crunch.
The hubs enjoyed them too, which is always a win-win. Black beans, corn, avocado and cilantro are some of my favorite ingredients. This is a perfectly flavorful dish that will be kind to your diet. Enjoy!
Mexican Black Bean Salad Tostada
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1/4 cup frozen corn kernels, sweet and rinsed under hot water to defrost
- 1/4 cup avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup canned green chili peppers, diced
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro, fresh and chopped
- 2 tbsp minced, uncooked red onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp table salt
- 4 small corn tortillas
- Combine all ingredients, except tortillas, in a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Toast tortillas and top each of the four tortillas with approximately 3/4 cup of black bean salad.