Taco Tuesday just got a little bit better, friends! I committed to using my cast iron skillets more this year and I plan on doing just that. These Skillet Chicken Tacos are easy to make and packed with flavor. A new family favorite might be in the works with these chicken tender tacos and cabbage slaw!
I’m a taco fanatic. Seriously, tacos could be on the menu a couple times a week for me. From a soft taco with ground beef or turkey, to something as simple as a adding some refried beans and all the fixings. Okay, maybe it’s safe to say I just love Mexican food too. HA!
Steve (the hubby) likes tacos too, but I’ve learned that refried beans are big fat no-no. Anything other than that is fair game — so tacos make an appearance often.
All of the yummy toppings. There is something so delicious about the combination of cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and black olives. Those were our go-to toppings.
I’ve added a couple new taco toppings to the mix too — cilantro and avocado. You’ll see these toppings on my Easy Chicken Tacos. Oh my glorious goodness — sooo good! I think I had some blander taste buds when I was younger. As I’ve gotten older, I seem to have expanded on trying new things. Woot!
Every now and then I’ll send a picture to my mom before it goes up on the blog — for this one she said, “Looks yummy! We love tacos. I’ll have to try them.” Seeeeee, we love our tacos.
With all that being said, it’s safe to say that these chicken tender tacos were another tasty hit for us! I hope you can say the same. Enjoy!
Skillet Chicken Tacos
- 1 cup buttermilk ranch dressing
- 12 chicken tenderloins (approximately 1 1/2pounds)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (or juice of 1 lime)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Additional Ingredients and Supplies
- flour tortillas
- avocado slices
- lime wedges
- sour cream
- taco holders, optional
- Place ranch dressing in a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken tenderloins. ensuring all the chicken is covered with dressing and seal bag. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200º. In a 10 to 12-inch cast-iron pan, heat oil over medium to high heat. Add chicken; cook until golden brown and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a baking sheet and place in preheated oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, vinegar and salt.
- In a larger bowl, combine cabbage and cilantro. Add dressing; toss to combine.
- Serve chicken and slaw with tortillas and toppings of choice (using taco holders, optional)