Who doesn’t love a good burrito bowl? This Chicken Burrito Bowl is no exception.
Q-doba has always been a fave of mine. I remember the first time I had it years ago. One of the students at the graduate school I worked at picked the spot. The burrito was gigantic, but man oh man, was it good. I was hooked! And as a result, I’ve had several over the years; however, within the last couple of years I started getting the burrito bowl.
Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe
Maybe it’s safe to say that I LOVE Mexican. Chips and dip, chimichangas, refried beans and more! Give me all the Mexican food and no one gets hurt (wink).
After making this recipe, I’m not sure I’ll ever want to buy another burrito bowl (hee-hee). Yep, it’s that good! You can add as many or as little toppings to your liking. For me, that’s avocado (or guacamole), salsa, cheese, cilantro and sour cream. Man, my taste buds are watering just thinking about this dish.
Rather than me babbling on and on, let’s grab our slow cookers and whip up this delicious Chicken Burrito Bowl recipe. and only 15 minutes of prep work!
|Chicken Burrito Bowl|| |
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes Green Chilies
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper to tast
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1½ pounds chicken tenders
- Hot Cooked Rice
- Salsa, sour cream, chopped cilantro, lime wedges, avocado slices, lettuce, etc.
- Combine petite diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, chicken broth, salt, black pepper, green onions, garlic powder and cumin in slow cooker.
- Season chicken with salt and lay on top.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Serve over rice and garnish with toppings of choice: salsa, chopped cilantro, lime wedges, avocado slices.
Happiness is sharing good
food with good friends!
In case I didn’t mention it earlier, this is a real crowd pleaser too! There’s nothing quite like sharing good food with good friends!
So, tell me, what are your favorite toppings? Let’s make it a Burrito Bowl Night, shall we?
And, if you like this dish, these might also interest you.