These Easy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with walnuts are a perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth — and a great alternative to a candy bar or bowl of ice cream! Soft, chewy and delicious. Mmmmm, I’m craving one now…
Easy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Remember those Peanut Butter Cookies I shared last year (November 2017)? Well, these easy Oatmeal Cookies came from the same page of that 1991 Woman’s Day Magazine. My mom says that these are two of her go-to cookie recipes because they’re easy and delicious.
I concur. I don’t usually eat a lot of oatmeal cookies either. Yep, that’s how good they are — they’re certainly an exception to the rule for me.
This is a great good old-fashioned cookie recipe you’re sure to enjoy! The raisins, cinnamon and walnuts really elevate taste too. Ready to whip up a batch?
Easy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Walnuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or regular stick margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 375. Have cookie sheet(s) ready.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Put butter, the sugars, egg and vanilla into a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer until creamy. With mixer on low speed gradually add flour mixture. Beat just until blended. Beat in oats, raisins and nuts.
- Roll heaping measuring tablespoonfuls of dough in balls. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until cookies are light golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Do you have a favorite cookie? I’d love to hear, so be sure to share yours in the comments below. Pardon me, as I find myself a cookie or two (wink).
Other great cookie recipes to try:
- Easy White Chocolate Drop Cookies
- Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Frosted Banana Cookies
- White Chocolate Dipped Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- German Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Be sure to visit with me here too:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Google+
Leave a Reply