Cream Cheese Candies | No-Bake Treat
‘Tis the season for giving sweet treats to friends, family, classmates, co-workers, and more. Be sure to keep this simple recipe on-hand. These no-bake Cream Cheese Candies are not only easy to make, but they will most definitely make a delicious and thoughtful gift.
Several years ago I shared these heart-shaped Creamy Pastel Mints. While they were perfectly festive and absolutely darling, they were a bit tedious. However, today’s cream cheese cadies are much easier to make but can be packaged quite nicely for gifting as well.
Be sure to sign up for my email to get
new recipes and creative ideas
sent right to your inbox!
Along with sharing these Cream Cheese Candies with you, I’m also super excited to participate in a special Food Blogger Valentine’s event. A fundraising event that is making a difference in the fight against pediatric cancer.
Did you know that cancer is the #1 cause of death of children by disease in the U.S.? There are 40,000 U.S. children actively battling cancer right now. The National Cancer Institute’s budget for childhood cancer is less than 4%. It’s such a small number and that’s why I got involved.
And with the ongoing pandemic, children are still being diagnosed with cancer. So it’s imperative that we raise awareness and continue to raise funds to fund the ongoing pediatric cancer research.
Following the recipe, you’ll find more information and a link for donations.
How to make Cream Cheese Candies
Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper. Combine the cream cheese and vanilla extract. Gradually add the powdered sugar, stirring and kneading as necessary until smooth. I added in one cup increments.
Shape the mixture into approximate 3/4-inch balls. After that, roll the balls in sugar sprinkles and place them on the prepared tray.
Flatten the balls with the tines (points) of a form, making a crisscross design. Last, but not least cover with paper towels and chill overnight.
- The cream cheese candies mixture will harden a bit while you’re making the candies. While forming the balls, be sure it softens so that the sprinkles will stick to the balls.
- Store in the refrigerator or the freezer.
Packaging for Cream Cheese Candies:
Place four Cream Cheese Candies in a small treat bag.
Cut cardstock to 3″ x 5-3/8″.
Feel free to add a fun sticker to personalize it if you’d like as well. I ran short of time, but I think that would be absolutely darling.
Cream Cheese Candies
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (almond or peppermint may be used as well)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, stirring and kneading as necessary until smooth.
- Shape the mixture into approximate 3/4-inch balls.
- Roll the balls in granulated sugar and place them on the prepared tray.
- Flatten with a fork, making a crisscross design.
- Cover with paper towels and chill overnight.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 1 month.
- Recipe will make approximately 50 Cream Cheese Candies.
Cookies for Cancer
Help us make a difference by donating to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer.
Our goal is to raise at least $3000. Because these three companies: OXO, Mediavine, and Dixie Crystals have each pledged to match our donations raised through this campaign up to $3000. That means when we raise $1, it turns into $4.
Thank you to so many of you who have already donated, please help us reach our goal so we can get the full matching donations and help us make an even huge difference.
*Donations will be accepted until March 1st, 2021.
Hugs and Blessings!