With Valentine’s Day comes all kinds of sweet things, right? Sweet valentines, sweet gifts and sweet candy! I have been dying to make some Creamy Pastel Mints for awhile now and, well, when I found the perfect size heart cutter, I just couldn’t resist!
I had the idea to make small heart-shaped creamy pastel mints, but I had to find the right size cutter. I remembered seeing mini metal cutters in the oven-bake clay section of the local craft store. What do you know, they had a mini heart (it was in a set with other geometric shapes)! It was like the perfect size for these, similar in size to the conversation hearts.
Creamy Pastel Mints for Valentine's Day
- 3 ounces 6 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Red food coloring
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- Once cream cheese is softened, stir in extract until blended. Tint mixture pink or red, as desired. Gradually mix in half of the confectioner's sugar.
- On a work surface, knead in remaining confectioner's sugar until mixture is smooth.
- Divide mixture into three portions; rolling each portion to 1/4 inch thickness. (Flour or additional confectioners' sugar is not necessary for rolling.
- Cut candy with heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Better yet, you can make them in all shapes and sizes! These could be used for so many different occasions too: showers, birthday parties, weddings and more. So, keep your eye out for cute cookie cutters that could be put to good use!