Creamy Pastel Mints for Valentine’s Day
With Valentine’s Day comes all kinds of sweet things, right? Sweet valentines, sweet gifts, and sweet candy. While many will stock up with store-bought candy, on the other hand, why not make something homemade? These Creamy Pastel Mints are not only darling but delicious too.
I’ve been dying to make some Creamy Pastel Mints for a while now and, well, when I found the perfect size heart cutter, I just couldn’t resist.
Creamy pastel mints are also known as cream cheese mints. They certainly have a perfect balance of cream cheese and peppermint. I love them! Is your mouth watering a bit right now? Hee hee.
Recently I had the idea to make small heart-shaped creamy pastel mints, but I had to find the right size cutter. I remembered seeing mini metal cutters in the oven-bake clay section of the local craft store.
What do you know, they had a mini heart (it was in a set with other geometric shapes). Score.
Nevertheless, it was the perfect size for these, similar in size to the conversation hearts.
To clarify, you can make these creamy pastel mints in all shapes and sizes. In addition, they could be used for so many different occasions too: showers, birthday parties, weddings and more. So, keep an eye out for small cookie cutters.
Additional Valentine’s Day inspiration:
Printable Matchbox Covers (and printable scriptures)
Easy Cookie Gift Idea for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day Snack Idea or Favor
Minimalistic Printable Greeting Cards for Him and Her
Vintage Heart Tin | Valentine’s Day Gift Idea
So, are you ready to try your hand at this deliciousness? Enjoy.
Creamy Pastel Mints for Valentine's Day
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Red food coloring
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- Once the cream cheese is softened, stir in extract until blended. Tint mixture pink or red, as desired. Gradually mix in half of the confectioner's sugar.
- On a work surface, knead in the remaining confectioner's sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- Divide the mixture into three portions; rolling each portion to 1/4 inch thickness. (Flour or additional confectioners' sugar is not necessary for rolling).
- Cut candy with a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Hugs and Blessings!