Pink isn’t a favorite color of mine. As a matter of fact, I typically avoid it at all cost (hee-hee). However, there is one time of the year that is an exception — Valentine’s Day. While these Strawberry Cookies are a great treat year round, I think serving them at a valentines party or a class party is the perfect setting. Don’t you agree?
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
Back in 2010, I found this recipe in one of Sandra Lee’s Semi-Homemade magazine. She called them Strawberry Sandies. I made them for a picnic and found them to be a bit sweet; however, after making them this past week, I found them to be a delicious treat. And, did I mention, that happy pink color? That seems to make them seem a little more special and sweet — in my humble opinion.
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Place the sugar in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, flour, water, butter and egg; beat at a low speed with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Using hands, shape heaping tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; roll in sugar to coat.
- Place approximately 2 inches apart on baking sheet, and pat gently to flatten
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until set
- Cool on pan for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool, approximately 15 minutes.
Now, the only question left to ask is when you’ll be making a batch? For a Valentine’s Day treat or a summer picnic… decisions, decisions.
When you give them a try, swing back and let me know what you think! I’d love to hear from you.