Who’s up for some amazing crumb cake? I love keeping these recipes in my back pocket for when we have guests or I just want to enjoy some warm coffee cake with my Saturday morning cup of coffee.
Years ago I shared a Bisquick Coffee Cake that has been a favorite for years. My sister and I made that recipe a lot when we were roomies. However, that cake has officially met it’s match. Haha. The crunchy filling in this dense Sour Cream Crumb Cake is perfection, friends!
I had to share this hysterical statement I read earlier this week:
The more you weigh,
the harder you are to kidnap.
Stay Safe. Eat Cake.
Ha! So, that’s my justification. What’s yours? I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. Enjoy!
|Sour Cream Crumb Cake Recipe|| |
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2¼ cups Bisquick® All Purpose Baking Mix
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch cake pan with parchment or wax paper, optional. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix brown sugar, 2 tablespoons sugar, walnuts and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Reserve ¾ cup for filling. Add ¼ cup Bisquick and 2 tablespoons butter. Stir until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Set Aside.
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl until well-blended. Stir in eggs and sour cream until well-blended. Stir in Bisquick until just mixed. Spread ½ of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with reserved filling. Top with dollops of remaining cake batter; smooth using a spatula. Sprinkle with crumbled streusel.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes in pan. Run a knife around the outside edge of the cake and invert onto a plate. Invert again onto a cooling rack, optional. Eat warm or at room temperature.
Thinking about adding this delicious-ness to your weekend breakfast menu? Let me know what you think. I’m fairly certain you won’t be disappointed.