A family favorite, this Baked Macaroni and Cheese will not disappoint. It’s dangerously delicious — and can be served as the main course or as a side dish at your next BBQ!
The Cheesiest Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Comfort food are two words that come to mind when I think of Macaroni and Cheese. And I could eat a whole pan of this in one sitting (well, maybe not). And this dish goes waaaaay back. I’ve been eating this since I was kiddo, plus it’s family favorite.
There used to be a time that my mom would make this for us just about every time she visited. Did I mention how good it is? Gosh, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Hee-hee.
When we first got married, I was scared to death to make this recipe. I was (more or less) terrified that it wouldn’t taste like my moms. Plus, the first time Steve (my husband) had it, my mom had made it. No pressure, right?
Well, I’m happy to say that ten years into our marriage, this Baked Macaroni and Cheese is on the regular rotation. I officially make a mean baked macaroni and cheese. My husband loves this recipe — so I can NEVER go wrong by having it on the menu!
And would you believe that my mom still has the original recipe card for this from 1973? There’s truth in the words, oldie but a goodie! Doubling this recipes is always a must — it flies right out of the pan!
I’m over the moon excited to share this recipe with you! Who knows? It might become your new family favorite! Try pairing it with stewed tomatoes and apple sauce too! Enjoy.
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 oz. package elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups white Cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat over to 375. Cook macaroni as package directs; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat and simmer mixture 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups cheese and macaroni. Pour into a 1-1/2 quart, shallow casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Looking for other delicious dinner ideas?
Potato Pancake Recipe
Sheet Pan Recipe for Mini Meatloaf Dinner
BBQ Chicken Skewers Recipe with Pineapple
The Best Stuffed Shells (meatless dish)
Be sure to visit with me here too:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Google+
Leave a Reply