|Peach and Apricot Cream Tart|| |
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tbs sugar
- 2 tbs whole milk
- 4-5 apricots
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs Amaretto
- 3-4 peaches
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 8-inch round cake pan.
- In a small sauce pot, melt the butter on medium heat and add the sugar and Amaretto. Cut the apricots in half and take out the pits. Using a fine cheese grater, puree the apricot meat into the sauce pan. Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally for about 5-7 minutes. Take off heat and set aside.
- Center the pastry dough in the cake pan but don't fold the edges yet.
- Beat the cream cheese, vanilla extract, sugar and milk together until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the dough.
- Pour cooled apricot mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- Slice the peaches and arrange them in the apricot mixture forming a rose petal pattern.
- Fold the pastry edges.
- Bake the tart for 25-30 minutes.
What’s your favorite tart? Do you love desserts? If so, please be sure to visit with me and check out some of my amazing dessert recipes. Here’s a couple to get your mouthwatering.
Nutty Maple Muffins – great for breakfast, snacks or dessert!