If there is one thing I do enjoy about summer, it’s the grilling out! These Lemon-Basil Vegetable and Chicken Kebabs is simple to make and delicious to eat! A WW recipe that is only 1 point per kebab too!
Chicken Kebabs with Lemon-Basil and Vegetables
Do you call them skewers or kebabs (kebobs)? I did a little digging out of curiosity. Apparently, the skewer is the long wooden or metal pin used for securing (threading) the food. And the kebab is the food/dish that is put on the skewer. Who knew?!? I thought they were the same thing, but we learn something new every day.
Regardless of what you call them, kebabs are usually packed with meats, fruits and/or vegetables! And depending on the marinade or seasoning you use, they can be eaten with a lot less guilt. That’s a win-win!
I made these chicken skewers were using yellow squash, red onion, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes. When paired with a baked potato, couscous or rice — this simple (yet tasty) dinner is ready to be served.
I love having family and friends help assemble the skewers too! Memories in the making, right? And above all else — it’s easy and tasty. The only question now is, “what are you waiting for?” Enjoy!
Lemon-Basil Vegetable and Chicken Kebabs
- 1 large lemon, using grated zest and juice
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- lemon wedges
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium high or prepare medium-hot fire.
- Stir together lemon zest and juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, and onion. Toss to coat.
- Thread onto approximately 16 (6-inch) skewers. Please note: If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes before threading on the chicken and vegetables.
- Place skewers on grill rack and grill, turning frequently, until browns and cooked through. Approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer to serving plate and sprinkle with basil. Serve with lemon wedges.
Other great kebab/skewer recipes:
BBQ Chicken Skewers with Pineapple
Hawaiian Chicken Kebob
BLT Skewers with Grilled Cheese Bites
Be sure to visit with me here too:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Google+
Leave a Reply