Skewers are an all-time favorite for me, especially in the summer. I love all the variables you can put together from meat and vegetables to sweet fruits and cheese and more. They don’t have to be grilled, and sometimes they make for a great presentation too. Since I’m talking about my love for skewers, I thought I’d share this amazing recipe for BLT Skewers with Grilled Cheese Bites.
Prepare yourself for a medley of flavors that are sure to have you wanting more!
Rather than jumping right into this mouthwatering recipe, I wanted to share something fun! This month I’ll be participating in a Bacon Month Celebration!! I’m partnering with some pretty awesome bloggers to tickle your bacon fancy for a few weeks. Say hi to…
Bread Booze Bacon | Cooking in Stilettos | Big Flavors From a Tiny Kitchen
Rants From My Crazy Kitchen | Kleinworth & Co. | Live Laugh Rowe (ME!!!)
Served Up with Love | Kudos Kitchen by Renee | Wholesome Yum
We’ll each be sharing FOUR bacon-centric recipes this month to make you drool (hee-hee). That’s 36 Bacon Recipes over the next four weeks. Yahooooo!
Since we’ve gotten the introductions out of the way, let’s dig-in to this delicious goodness.
|BLT Skewers with Grilled Cheese Bites|| |
- 6 slices of bread, your choice
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 6 slices center cut bacon, cooked
- 4-5 slices Gouda cheese (or cheese of preference)
- 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Caesar dressing
- Dill Weed, optional
- Mayonnaise or Butter for Grilled Cheese
- Toss chopped romaine lettuce with shredded parmesan and Caesar dressing, set aside.
- Spread the outside of bread slices with mayonnaise or butter.
- Sandwich together 1-1/2 slices of cheese, two slices of bacon and sprinkle on some dill weed (optional).
- Toast the sandwich in a skillet over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes per side, until each side is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove crust, optional. Cut sandwich into 4 to 6 squares, depending on the bread you use.
- Place grilled cheese bites onto 12-inch skewers, alternating with cherry tomatoes and chunks of romaine lettuce.
BLT Skewers with Gouda Grilled Cheese Bites
Tell me those don’t look and sound delicious? They are!! Let me know what you think…. I may have to add these to the menu again this week. Mmmmm.
Ready to see what additional bacon goodness is on the menu this week? Check it out!
Crock Pot Bacon Ranch Cheesy Chicken Hash
Bacon Wrapped Sweet Pepper Poppers
Garlicky Littleneck Clams with Bacon + Wine
Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
Bacon & Ranch Slow Cooker Potatoes
BLT Skewers with Grilled Cheese Bites
Zucchini Noodle Salad with Bacon and Tomatoes
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken Salad
Bacon Caramelized Onion Dip
We’ll be back next Wednesday with NINE more bacon recipes! Mmmm. See you then!