A perfectly moist pound cake with hints of fall in each bite, this Sparking Cider Pound Cake is sure to be a hit!
When I think of a crisp fall day, I imagine myself cozied up on a blanket, reading a book and sipping on a pumpkin spice latte or a caramel apple cider. Why is it that pumpkin and apple seem to be such a HUGE symbol of fall? I don’t know and I’m not complaining, because I love them both. Last week I shared a Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread, so it’s only fair to share an apple recipe this week, right?
I love cake and this one was no exception — the glaze also has hints of the cider in it too. A recipe you must try at-least once, and let me know what you think!
Sparkling Cider Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sparkling apple cider
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons sparkling apple cider
- Preheat over to 350. Line bottom of a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture, alternating with cider, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to prepared loaf pan. Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Spoon over top of cake, allowing it to flow over the sides.
And since we’re talking about apples — I can’t help but remind you about the awesome special Grove Collaborative is offering all of you!
New subscribers will get one set of Mrs. Meyer’s fall scents for FREE, plus free shipping with your first order. Already a Grove user? Well, you get the set for 50% off. That’s a steal! Here’s what you’ll get:
- Free Mrs. Meyer’s fall seasonal hand soap
- Free Mrs. Meyer’s fall seasonal dish soap
- Free Mrs. Meyer’s fall seasonal multi-surface spray
- Free Grove Collaborative kitchen towel
- Free 60 Day VIP trial
To receive the offer, your order needs to total $20. You can choose any combination of products, and there are LOTS of options. Read more details about this offer in my Staying Cozy with Fall Scents post.