Valentine Brownies packed with flavor. One bite and your sure to fall in love!
Do you love red velvet? I sure do! Seems like from December through February I’m in red velvet overdrive. It’s so perfect for the season when it’s cold and everything is covered in white. That red sure is a great pop of color to brighten the mood. Who doesn’t like food that makes them happy?
Starting a couple years ago I decided that for Valentine’s Day each year I’d make my classic red velvet brownies & then find new ways to dress them up. I love the challenge of making them different and exciting. This year I chose to make a delicious cream cheese frosting and top that with red and white M&M’s to make these Valentine Brownies. Oh, they were so wonderful. I can’t believe I have never done it before. Something about cream cheese and red velvet — they are a match made in heaven.
Just look at that. Oh my goodness. I was able to enjoy this one, then promised the hubs I would wait until he returned at the end of the week before having any more. It was torture knowing these were there just calling my name. Once he did come home they were all gone right after dinner. The 5 of us didn’t waste any time at all. Totally worth the wait and now I have an excuse to make another batch on Valentine’s Day.
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter- diced
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips or squares
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. liquid red food coloring
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 8 oz. cream cheese - room temperature
- 4 tbsp butter - room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup sifted confectioners sugar
- Valentine M&M's
- Preheat Oven to 325.
- Use either non-stick foil or just use regular foil & then spray with non-stick spray & line a metal 8"x 8" baking pan.
- Stir butter & chocolate in a heavy large saucepan over low heat until all is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in sugar & then eggs- one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla, salt & food coloring.
- Sift flour & baking powder & stir in & blend well.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake until puffed & dry looking- or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with some moist batter attached. (about 30-35 minutes).
- Cool completely in pan on a rack.
- Beat cream cheese & butter until lightly fluffy.
- Add vanilla & lightly mix.
- Add confectioners sugar & beat to combine. (if it's too thick- add a splash of milk)
- Using the foil as an aid- lift brownies from pan & place on cutting board. Remove foil.
- Spread cream cheese over brownies & add M&M's
- Cut brownies & Enjoy!
Thank you so much Kelly for sharing your space with me today. I’m absolutely honored to be here! I would love for you to stop on by Kleinworth & Co and say hello and maybe grab a few recipes too!