Have you ever made Homemade Caramel Popcorn? No? Well, hopefully you like it, because this is a recipe worth saving …and it’s a perfect munchie to have on hand. Yum!
This has been a favorite of mine for years, but this is not just any old caramel popcorn recipe. So, there was this amazing caramel corn place called Johnson’s Popcorn on the boardwalk in Ocean City, NJ. It’s world famous!
And since we vacationed there every summer, it was something we always looked forward to. My parents have even sent us ‘just because’ buckets over the years. Woot!!
However, this homemade caramel popcorn recipe is a close competitor. It is seriously one of thee yummiest caramel corn recipes on the planet (yes, I may be bit biased)! Growing up, this was always a treat and, believe it or not, we typically only made it during the holidays. Crazy, I know!
This is a great year-round snack — perfect for parties, football games, poolside snack, etc. I remember my mom shaking that brown paper bag like it was yesterday. Oh the sweet memories!
I’ll never forget the first time I made this for my husband too. If my memory serves me correctly, the first word out of his mouth was, “AWESOME.”
So, prepare to impress your friends, family, neighbors and/or co-workers. This is sure to be a crowd pleaser and a snack food that you could make
yearly weekly (wink wink). I know my husband wouldn’t mind!
And in food news –> Popcorn lovers happen to be sweet on CARAMEL. Woot! Woot! Enjoy!
Homemade Caramel Corn
- 16 cups of air popped corn
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Corn Syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Place popped corn in a large brown paper bag.
- Combine butter, corn syrup, sugar and salt in an 8 cup bowl. Microwave on high, 1-2 minutes or until it bubbles. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Add baking soda and vanilla, stir well, pour over popcorn.
- Shake well, fold down bag and microwave on high for 1 minute. Shake well. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Shake well. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Shake well. Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Place on wax paper and let cool. Store in air tight container!