Bite-Sized Cinnamon Buns
WARNING! These mini (bite-sized) cinnamon buns are going to make you hungry — very, very hungry. Made with only 5 ingredients, these sweet treats are ready in minutes and incredibly easy!
I love cinnamon buns. I keep a roll of Pillsbury Flaky Cinnamon Rolls in my refrigerator on a regular basis. Haha. I mean, sometimes a girl has a craving, right? A bite-sized treat that will melt in your mouth. And they’re perfectly sized, making for a guilt free treat (sort of, kind of!?!?)
These delicious bits- sized treats are a holiday favorite in the Kuert Family… and now the Rowe family (smile). I don’t bake every year, but when I do these are on the menu! As a matter of fact, I just happened to make a couple of batches yesterday.
I’m pretty sure you will win the heart of your cranky co-workers and/or neighbors with these golden nuggets of yummy goodness. And the good news is the kiddos can get their sugar fix from a dessert that is just the right size for them. Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!
Let’s get this delicious-ness started! Did I mention they require no yeast or kneading? Yep, using crescent rolls, you’ll have these ready to serve in minutes.
How to Make Mini Cinnamon Buns
Bite-Sized Cinnamon Buns
- 1 package of Crescent Rolls
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white Karo syrup
- Cinnamon and Sugar
- Take the crescent rolls and place flat. Press perforations together (into four squares or all in one). In a round cake pan, melt your butter. Then brush or spoon some of the melted butter onto the dough. Shake or sprinkle cinnamon and sugar to taste.
- Roll the dough like a jelly roll. Place roll(s) in freezer for 5-10 minutes for an easier cut. Remove from freezer and cut, getting 9-10 pieces out of four smaller rolls or 36-40 out of one long roll.
- Add the brown sugar and Karo syrup to the butter in the cake pan and melt. Place the buns in round cake pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees for approximately 12 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Put tin foil on a plate and place the plate over the cake pan and turn upside down quickly, while they are still hot. Cool for a few minutes, then separate and place in small cupcake liners and serve.
Are you getting hungry? Maybe a quick run to the grocery store is in order? You won’t regret it… How about surprising the family with a sweet treat tonight or on Christmas morning? Let me know what you think!
These Bite-Sized Cinnamon Buns made their first appearance on the blog on November 30, 2012. They were part of my 12 Days of Holiday Fun. Updated photos were added. Enjoy!