Bite-Size Easy Apple Pies
How about a tiny dessert that has some big flavor? Well, these mini and easy apple pies are going to knock your socks off. With only five ingredients, these apple wedges take about 30 minutes and will disappear in minutes.
With apple season comes apple recipes, right? And these tiny simple apple pie bites will not disappoint. They’re also great to have the kiddos help make. Maybe a family night activity and snack will be on the calendar soon?
One of my all-time favorite apple desserts during the fall season is Apple Crisp. Served with cool whip or vanilla ice cream, it’s truly an irresistible treat, especially if you like apples. I remember this being a hit with the guys in college… they would actually ask if they could stop by our apartment for apple crisp. HA! My sister and I had a hard time saying no too.
Mini Apple Pies with Caramel Sauce
However, with these bite-size apple pie treats being easy to make, delicious to eat and enjoyed by all — you simply can’t go wrong. And adding a warm caramel sauce with sea salt as a garnish takes this snack to a whole new level. Simply assemble, bake and watch them disappear. Woosh…
What apples should I use?
A few apples that are at the top of the list for using in your apple pies and baking include, but are not limited to the Granny Smith, Pink Lady, Jonagold, Golden Delicious, Jazz, Honey Crisp, McIntosh, and others. What apple is your first choice for baking?
For these bite-sized pies, I used the granny smith. Did you know it’s considered to be the most tart apple? A perfect choice for apple pies, big or small.
Did someone say Halloween Mummies?
Yes, Halloween Mummies for the win. Turn these apple bites into mummies by adding candy eyes with a little frosting as the glue. Seriously, isn’t this the cutest Halloween snack idea?
These are sure to be a win-win with the kids. A great treat for a school party or after school snack.
How to make Bite-Size Apple Pies
To stretch this recipe out a little more, I actually cute my apples into 16 wedges and the pastry into 1/2-inch strips. They were just as good and having more of them for snacking was a win. For the dipping sauce, I purchased Ghirardelli Sea Salt Caramel. Oh. My. Gosh. That took this deliciousness to a whole new level.
Bite-Size Easy Apple Pies
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; reserve 1 tablespoon.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll the pastry sheets; roll and trim each to an 8-inch square.
- Brush with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Cut each square into eight 1-inch strips.
- Cut each apple into eight wedges; wrap one strip of pastry around each wedge, placing the sugared side of pastry against the apple.
- Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush top with remaining butter and sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture. Bake 13-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve warm with caramel sauce, optional.