Tiny things can bring on some BIG feelings. Don’t you agree? Today I want to focus on finding happiness in the things that might seem insignificant others. Seriously, when was the last time you sat down and thought about some of the smaller, tiny wonderful things that make you feel all warm and fuzzy?
Recently I was browsing through one of my favorite magazines, Bella Grace Magazine, and they had several pages dedicated to tiny things that give us BIG feelings. Over 175 things were submitted by readers, etc. Reading through them made me smile… and had me thinking of the beautiful, tiny things in my own life that make me happy.
Rather than sharing just mine, I asked subscribers to my weekly letter to send some of theirs to me. I compiled over 75 and felt I found so many kindred spirits along the way — beautiful people who find joy in the little things.
Before I share those tiny things with you, I wanted to mention that I created a “Tiny Things that give me Big Feelings” printable for you to use in jotting down some of the wonderful things in your life that make YOU happy. Be sure to snatch a copy for yourself at the end of the post!
Alrighty, let’s dig right in… I hope you enjoy reading through these as much as I did — then take some time to make your own list. Mmmmkay?
p.s. I did squeeze a few of mine in… I jotted 25 down one night before bed and sprinkled them here and there while compiling this list of all things happy. Prepare to smile!
Finding Happiness…. tiny things that give us big feelings:
- Coming home and smelling clean, fresh scents.
- That first sip of coffee in the morning.
- Curling up with my puppies.
- Hearing from my kids who are across the country and across the pond.
- Having my husband help me with my chores without being asked.
- Thunder showers that bring cool, clean air afterwards, and do not bring tornadoes and increased humidity.
- Not having to cook dinner.
- Vintage stamps.
Finding Happiness in Winter
- Sitting on the porch swing reading a good book.
- Quiet evenings relaxing with my significant other.
- Flowers successfully growing in my pots.
- Snail Mail (especially from Etsy)
- Soft and cuddly throw blankets.
- Spending time with my grandsons.
- True Crime podcasts.
- Daisies (they’re such a happy flower).
- Having a free day to do whatever I want.
- My puppies wet nose.
- Hugs from my grandchildren.
- McDonald’s Mocha Frappe.
- Spending time with family.
- A fresh pedicure.
- Baskets in all different materials, colors, shapes, sizes — they amaze me!
Finding Happiness in a love for baskets!
- Sitting on the patio with a hot cup of coffee watching the sun come up.
- Watching the hummingbirds flitter from feeder to feeder.
- Flowers in my garden. Bouquets are nice, but to walk outside to see a bed full of ALL types, nothing like it.
- Fall. The beautiful colors and most of the time, the temperature is perfect.
- Inspirational quotes that really touch your heart and soul.
I love to hear my sweet little grandsons’s tiny snores while we take a nap together.
I really like what a good job my Scrub Daddy does.
- Singing along with the music and my dogs join in barking and howling.
Seeing all the mason bees laying eggs in our mason bee house.
The swallowtail caterpillars enjoying my parsley. I’m planting more and more parsley just for the butterflies!
- The smell of honeysuckle on a warm humid night.
- Pine trees after a rain.
- The smell of my grandma when I’d kiss her goodnight, she always smelt like cocoa.
- My gardens.
- Hearing a song that brings back a moment in time.
Finding Happiness in Music.
- The character of old houses.
- Hugs from children and grandchildren.
- Making a big meal and having family and friends over!
- Hearing the morning birds sing.
- Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.
Pictures on Facebook of my grandchildren in Oregon.
When my orange ‘Double Lilies’ are blooming.
Catching a bluebird or cardinal taking a ‘bath’ in my birdbath.
Watching my four sons play baseball.
- Smell of fresh coffee.
- Bear hugs from my dad.
- Deer sightings.
- My husband’s smile.
- Sitting on the porch swing with my husband enjoying the mountain views.
- Going to bed with clean linens.
- Thunder rolling around the mountain valleys.
I love watching a dog run free after it has been traumatized and rescued.
- Completing a project I’m proud of.
- Fresh cut flowers.
Finding Happiness in Fresh Cut Flowers
- Office Supplies… don’t get me started (haha).
Learning more about God.
- Hearing a loon calling.
- Smell of cut grass.
- Working on one of my acrylic pour paintings.
- The smell of sunshine on my husband.
- A toddler giggling.
- Hiking in the mountains.
- Watching the snow fall.
- Peanut Butter
- A bowl of All Natural Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Linen. I think it’s elegant and beautiful.
- Sitting on my deck after a hard day’s work and admiring my flower gardens, hearing and seeing the birds and other wildlife.
- Jewelry with meaning (symbolism, significance).
- Coloring and Doodling.
- Fresh babies breath scattered around the house in pitchers, jars and vases.
- Evenings with my folks during my teens; gives me happy tingly feelings remembering the evenings during summer vacations when we’d all sit at the Camp house at CampLookOut.
- Fireflies. I’m well past 40, and still go sit in my yard at dusk just to watch them “talk” to each other at night. Gives me all the feels.
- Vintage dishes and silver.
Now it’s your turn! Print off the printable below and list your little, wonderful things that give you BIG feelings! Stash this in your journal, bible, or use as a bookmark. It will serve as a GREAT reminder of things that make you happy… even if they might seem insignificant to someone else.