Hello! Happy New Year from the Rowes (a week late, I know). A LOT has transpired over the past couple of weeks… and it’s hard to believe that the last Weekender I posted was on December 3rd. WOW!
December was a busy month with my other job. I did a Countdown to Christmas on their Instagram feed. Yes, 24 reels. It was fun but a lot of work.
Anywho, I hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Let’s dig our heels in and see what’s been going on in my little corner of the world.
1. Christmas. My parents hosted this year. We started with Breakfast, opened gifts, took naps, opened stockings, and then ate some more. Haha. It was laid back and a great day of celebrating.
2. Quit my Job 🙌🏻. A couple of weeks ago, I resigned from my part-time job. While I enjoyed the work I was doing, there were several reasons why I needed to move on. Unfortunately, they didn’t handle the resignation well- no exit interview. No nothing. They didn’t even let me finish my time. While it was disappointing, it wasn’t a surprise. If anything, it confirmed that I made the right decision. If I’m being honest, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
3. Comeback. I decided that comeback was going to be my word of the year. I’m excited to get back to blogging and putting my creative juices to work here. And self-employment is my jam.
Funny thing… I bought my 2023 calendar from Natural Life. The first thing I saw when browsing through January is — The comeback is always stronger than the setback.
4. New Year’s Day. I spent New Year’s Eve packing up the Oliver. And, on New Year’s Day, we were on the road to Gulf Shores. We’re planning to be here for several weeks.
5. Nash. Our sweet mini golden doodle had a couple of firsts this past month. First and foremost, he completed his first puppy class and got the Most Intelligent Award. He is a clever little dog, but there is still quite a bit of work to do with him. I was one proud mama.
Nash got to meet Santa for a picture, got his first groom, and also had his first day in Doggy Daycare within the last month. YAY!
Be still my heart! Isn’t he a doll?
He’s recently discovered digging, and Lord help me… he’s tearing up our campsite. GULP.
6. Botanical Calendar. My first post of the New Year is my ever-so-popular 2023 Botanical Calendar. I’ve been sharing a version of this calendar for years. It’s certainly a favorite of mine. ❤️
7. Reminder. “One day, you will wake up, and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.” – Pauala Coelho.
8. Gratitude Journal. I updated the Gratitude Journal, so it’s not associated with a year — it just says Monthly Gratitude Journal instead of 2023 Gratitude Journal. YAY!
Sooooo, it’s not too late to purchase a digital copy and get it printed and bound. I got mine bound for about $15. I’d love for YOU to join me on this year’s journaling adventure. What’s holding you back?
Around the Web:
These Peanut Butter Cocoa Bombs.
This Homemade Pretzel Bread.
This French Toast Bake.
This Leather Tote Bag. 🥰
These Dried Flower Ornaments.
This Winter Bucket List.
This “Tomorrow” Printable.