Happy hellos from a cold and cloudy Rogersville, MO. I’ll take cloudy over the thunderstorms we had yesterday. The weather has been so weird this year… I mean tornado warnings in December?!?! It’s insane.
Be sure to sign up for my email to get
new recipes and creative ideas
sent right to your inbox!
I sure am hoping and praying we get some snow this winter. It can be so beautiful. Have you had any snow where you live?
Well, it was a pretty basic week around these parts — work, errands, and Hallmark movies. Haha. However, here are a few things that may have stood out a wee bit…
1. Any Hallmark fans out there? This year a few of my favorites have included My Christmas Family Tree, Unexpected Christmas (I love-love-love Tyler Hynes), Christmas at Castle Hart (Lacy Chabert is just adorable), and Every Time a Bell Rings.
Gosh, I really enjoy getting lost in the happy stories and towns of Hallmark.
Anywho, if you haven’t watched them — be sure to check them out.
2. I officially finished my Christmas shopping. Woo hoo. Unfortunately, some of the family is under the weather, so we’ll most likely be postponing our festivities for a week or so. At first, I was completely bummed out, but it’s not the end of the world. I’ll take a late celebration over no celebration.
3. Last weekend the fam bam all met up at the Japanese Stroll Garden in Springfield, MO for their Gardens Aglow. It’s a botanical-themed light festival featuring more than 150,000 festive lights.
It was a cold night, so we grabbed some coffee from a food truck on-site and strolled through the park. It was a festive outing and I always enjoy the fresh air.
4. I’ve been snatching up a lot of goodies at Old Navy this winter. One of my favorites? These Sherpa Sweatpants. I got them in the black leopard print and trident maple. They’re perfectly warm and cozy.
Among other things, I purchased these matching Jolly Vibes holiday t-shirts for my mom, sister, and me to get a picture in when we have our Christmas festivities.
Also, I bought my first pair of fleece-lined leggings this year too. OMG, why haven’t I tried these sooner? They are game-changers when the cold temps roll in and are great for walking. I can’t handle it when I feel a chill in my bones. Ya know?
5. On Thursday night Steve and I went to the Stained Glass Theatre in Ozark, MO to see Christmas at Candlelight Mission. It’s a Christian theatre with volunteer staff doing all the things (hospitality, performances, operations, concessions, etc).
The show was simple, but the story was powerful. It was a nice night out.
6. On the blog this past week I shared some lovely Winter Watercolor Gift Tags. Forget the store-bought tags, these beauties will add a nice wintery touch to your packages.
7. Many of you may know that I love Color Street nail strips due to the no dry time application. However, this past week I tried Sally Hansen Insta Dri nail polish in the color, Cinna Snap. And, well, it’s pretty amazing. It’s a deep red, perfect for the holidays.
After applying two coats of color, I applied Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Top Coat. Guys, it looks like a salon mani. Booyah.
8. Do you happen to run a little late? I think this letter board might be just the excuse we all need, right? (wink-wink). I mean who wants to show up early and appear a little too eager?!? Not me.
Yes, I’m cracking myself up over here. Giggle. I hope you enjoyed a slight chuckle.
Around the Web:
These Christmas Gift Tags.
These Festive Christmas Nail Ideas (I love slide 18 and 28)
My favorite holiday cookie, Cream Wafers.
This Holiday Antipasto Wreath.
These DIY Candlestick Holders. 🥰
This Tissue Holder…love the uniqueness.