No-Churn Keto Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
Ice cream is a go-to when the steamy summer temperatures roll in. This No-Churn Keto Chocolate Ice Cream is simple, delicious, and keto-friendly. So, put the ice cream machine away and let’s whip up a sweet treat that is perfectly refreshing on a hot afternoon.
Be sure to sign up for my email to get new recipes
and creative ideas sent right to your inbox!
Keto and Diet Talk
Back in February, my sister started doing Keto. I honestly wasn’t thrilled with her diet choice, but I did want to support her. Since then, my sister (Kristine) has lost over 25 pounds. I’m super proud of her (and a little jealous, if I’m being completely honest. Ahem). Giving up a majority of your carbs and sugar is no easy feat.
I honestly don’t think I could do it. My diet of choice is WW (Weight Watchers). Basically, you can eat what you want within your allotted points. Therefore, I never felt deprived of my favorite foods. However, having options like this No-Churn Keto Chocolate Ice Cream is a win-win.
Considering quarantine and the pandemic of this year (2020), I’ve probably gained 25 pounds. Yep (insert facepalm). My mind is currently not in the dieting game, so I’m not even going to try.
And, yes, I know it’s really a matter of a lifestyle change, but that’s not as easy as it sounds either. Especially when you are an emotional eater. Happy? I eat. Sad? I eat. Anxious? I eat.
I digress… haha. Anywho, since my sister has been doing Keto, she’s had me taste a couple of recipes she tried. And she’s since shared a few recipes with me. So, stay tuned — more Keto recipes to come. However, today, we’ll be enjoying some chocolate ice cream.
Making No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream
Heavy Whipping Cream, divided
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Unsweetened chocolate shavings, optional
Place 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, swerve sweetener, and butter to a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat, stirring until the sweetener completely dissolves.
Next, bring your mixture to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until reduced to about half, stirring occasionally. Pour into a heat-proof container and allow it to cool to room temperature.
Once cooled, add the cocoa powder and vanilla and mix well. In addition, if using chocolate shavings for your ice cream, add them here.
In a separate mixing bowl, add the remaining 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and whip to stiff peaks. Gently fold cocoa mixture into the whipped cream.
After that, place in a freezer-safe container and freeze for 3-4 hours. Allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes to thaw slightly.
Keep in mind that his will have a mousse-like texture when thawed completely. As a result, if you prefer to serve this as a mousse, freezing isn’t necessary.
It’s been super hot and steamy here in Missouri. And, well, some ice cream sounds pretty refreshing right about now. I certainly hope you like this recipe. If so, be sure to share with you keto loving friends. Enjoy.
No-Churn Keto Chocolate Ice Cream
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup Swerve granular sweetener
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate shavings from a stevia-sweetened or unsweetened chocolate bar
- Place 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, sweetener, and butter in a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat, stirring until the sweetener completely dissolves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until reduced to about half, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the mixture into a heat-proof bowl and allow to cool to room temperature. Once cooled, add cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Mix well. If adding chocolate shavings, add them to the mixture during this step.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the remaining 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and whip until peaks are stiff.
- Gently fold cocoa mixture into the whipped cream.
- Place in a freezer-safe container and freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Allow ice cream to sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes to thaw slightly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Hugs and Blessings!