Breakfast anyone? We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Today, I’m sharing a healthy and delicious breakfast recipe with you and it just happens to be an individual frittata recipe. Bacon, cheese and veggie frittatas. Remember my Six Week Muffin Recipe? Well, this is another recipe that you could make a batch or two on the weekend and store them in the refrigerator for the week ahead. Pop them in the microwave for a few seconds and you have a tasty, healthy breakfast ready to make your taste buds do a happy dance!
This also happens to be a Weight Watchers recipe that I adapted a bit, so for those of you who are counting your points, each frittata is only 3 points. This is one breakfast that contains protein, dairy, and veggies! Score! I don’t remember having frittata often growing up, but this has become a favorite of mine. I hope you will say the same. Enjoy!
Individual Bacon, Cheese & Veggie Frittata
- Cooking Spray
- 1 pound frozen hash brown potatoes thawed
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1 Tbsp fat-free skim milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp of Bacon Pieces
- 1/8 cup of green peppers finely chopped
- 1/8 cup of red peppers finely choopped
- 1/8 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat 8 muffin tin holes with cooking spray.
- Spread potatoes around the bottom and press potato up the sides of each muffin hole; place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs and milk together in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Add bacon, peppers, onion and cheese to bowl. Mix to combine all ingredients.
- Remove potatoes from oven and press potatoes down firmly with spoon (I found my fingers to work better than spoon) so that they are spread out like mini pie crusts. Potatoes should cover bottom and sides of each hole.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup of egg mixture into the center of each muffin hole.
- Return pan to oven and cook until potatoes are crisp and golden, and the egg mixture is set, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value: 3 points each.
Have a favorite frittata recipe? I’d love for you to share it in the comments below!