Breakfast lovers rejoice! This breakfast home fries recipe is packed with flavor and a side of crunch.
It is no secret that I love breakfast food! Just typing that has me craving the Farmer’s Choice Breakfast at Bob Evan’s. Eggs over easy with bacon, home fries and pancakes (with extra butter). Goodness gracious, doesn’t that sound delicious?
Unfortunately, we can’t all indulge ourselves with a big breakfast like that every week — so we compromise and make some of those delicious breakfast foods at home, right? Absolutely!!
My husband is a little obsessed with America’s Test Kitchen, so this recipe is a revised version of something he saw them whip up. He recently made a batch and I thought it was about time I shared this delicious goodness with all of you! So, I guess you could say the hubs and I tag teamed on this one. He made the breakfast home fries recipe and I photographed, edited the pics. Today, I’m sharing it with y’all.
Who’s ready for a little breakfast goodness?
Breakfast Home Fries Recipe
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 pounds potatoes cubed
- Small onion diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Peel 3 pounds of potatoes and dice ¾ inch cubes
- Dice one small onion
- Add ½ teaspoon baking soda to 10 cups of water. Add potatoes and bring to a boil. Boil for one minute and drain.
- Place potatoes back in pot and gently stir under low heat for 2 minutes to dry.
- Turn off heat. Add 3 tablespoons of salted butter, 1 ½ teaspoon of salt. Stir until butter has melted.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil to pan and spread over pan. Place in oven for 2 minutes to heat the oil.
- Add potatoes to pan and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Flip potatoes and add diced onion to center of pan. Cook for another 12-15 minutes.
- Stir onions and potatoes together and cook for another 5-10 minutes.