French Vanilla flavored creamer and coconut are two of the simple, yet amazing ingredients you’ll find in these French Vanilla Dream Bars.
I love dessert— in all shapes and sizes! Being raised in a pastors home, we entertained a lot and that meant getting lots of dessert. Isn’t that every kids dream? My mom was a fantastic host and always prepared a delicious meal, followed by a yummy dessert.
I guess that entertaining created a love for all things sweet, because I have quite the sweet tooth. I’m always looking for something new to try, so I recently accepted the challenge of making a recipe that included the use of flavored creamer.
A popular International Delight Creamer in my family is French Vanilla, so I thought I’d give these French Vanilla Dream Bars a try. I don’t usually use much coconut when baking, but this recipe is a perfect medley for the palate. My husband loves coconut and he flipped over these dessert bars!
French Vanilla Dream Bars
French Vanilla Icing
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons International Delight French Vanilla Creamer
- 1 1/2 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 13x9" cake pan.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add flour; beat until well blended.
- Press into bottom of pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Beat together eggs, International Delight French Vanilla Creamer, Sugar, Flour and Salt.
- Stir in coconut and chopped pecans.
- Spread evenly over baked crust.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine sugar, butter and creamer. Beat until smooth.
- Spread thin layer of icing evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle finely chopped pecans on icing (optional).
- Let icing set before cutting.
This is a delicious and easy bar recipe! If you like dessert, you really must give this recipe a try! Do you have a favorite dessert bar that you like to make?