The Super Bowl is less than a week away, so my guess is that some of you are putting together you’re menu for entertaining your friends and family — or for a delicious dish to take with you to the big game. These Barbecue Chicken Meatballs are perfect as an appetizer or an entree. Add easy-to-make and a real crowd pleaser and you’ll be the hit of the party.
|Barbecue Chicken Meatballs|| |
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ⅔ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (we like Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy BBQ Sauce)
- Combine the first 8 ingredients. Form the mixture into 1-1½" balls.
- Place the oil in a wide frying pan. Add the meatballs and brown them on all sides until cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- Add the barbecue sauce. Cook until it reduces and sticks to the meatballs, about 1 minute. Serve.
-If you have trouble getting the chicken mixture to roll into balls, chill it for up to 30 minutes or add another ¼ cup of crumbs.
-When making meatballs, keep a bowl of water nearby to dunk your hands in, so the mixture doesn't stick to your hands.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious.