The Super Bowl is less than a week away, so my guess is that some of you are putting together you’re menu for entertaining your friends and family — or for a delicious dish to take with you to the big game. These Barbecue Chicken Meatballs are perfect as an appetizer or an entree. Add easy-to-make and a real crowd pleaser and you’ll be the hit of the party.
Barbecue Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup barbecue sauce we like Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy BBQ Sauce
- Combine the first 8 ingredients. Form the mixture into 1-1 1/2" balls.
- Place the oil in a wide frying pan. Add the meatballs and brown them on all sides until cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- Add the barbecue sauce. Cook until it reduces and sticks to the meatballs, about 1 minute. Serve.
-If you have trouble getting the chicken mixture to roll into balls, chill it for up to 30 minutes or add another 1/4 cup of crumbs.
-When making meatballs, keep a bowl of water nearby to dunk your hands in, so the mixture doesn't stick to your hands. Recipe adapted from Epicurious.
Seriously delicious! I ate way too many and just loved how these little meatballs were packed with so much flavor! So, tell me, what’s on your Super Bowl menu?
Care to stay in the loop? I’d love to have you!
Catch me snapping + sharing pictures over on Instagram.
Subscribe to Updates | Like on Facebook | Follow on Pinterest
Leave a Reply