S’mores lovers REJOICE! This is one dessert that is packed with flavor and it’s sure to impress your summer guests. Turtle S’mores Cake for the win.
One of my favorite parts of grilling season is s’mores! Grilling isn’t just for meats and vegetables, right? Whether it’s the traditional s’more with graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows or more of the gourmet s’mores — they’re all pretty delicious (and messy). Can I get an amen?
Now, let’s talk about those turtle candies? Caramel, chocolate, and pecans! Mmmm. How about bringing the two together? S’mores and Turtles. That brings us to this delicious goodness — Turtle S’mores Cake!
Turtle S'mores Cake
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. coffee liqueur optional
- 12 marshmallows
- 4 slices cut to 3/4" Sara Lee frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 Tbsp. butter melted
- Caramel Sauce
- Pecans chopped
- For chocolate Sauce: In a small bowl, microwave chocolate, heavy cream and liqueur (optional) until chocolate is softened (approximately 1 to 1 1/2 minutes). Stir until smooth.
- Thread marshmallows onto four skewers. Brush cake slices with melted butter.
- Grease grill rack and grill cake, uncovered over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted and heated through, turning once.
- Grill marshmallows on skewers 3 to 4 minutes, turning as needed and brown on all sides.
- For serving: Spoon chocolate over cake slices. Top with marshmallows, Caramel Sauce, and pecans.
It’s soooo good! My sister said she could eat the marshmallows with the chocolate syrup and pecans all day long. (giggle). Want another reason this dessert is a win-win? It’s incredibly easy! Keep these ingredients on-hand for some last minute entertaining.
Be sure to let me know what you think when you give them a try! Happy grilling.
Be sure to visit with me here too:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter |Google+
Linking up to Between Naps on the Porch
Leave a Reply