Oh my yummy goodness! Jelli is back from Jellibean Journals sharing these Thin Mint brownies, an irresistible pleasure that are surprisingly easy to make!
Chewy fudge brownies topped with creamy mint frosting, smothered in glossy chocolate ganache, and studded with crunchy chocolate cookies are sure to set the stage for the best date night in that you’ve had all year long!
Judging by the comments on the quick and dreamy delicious Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies copycat recipe last month, chocolate and mint are a surefire man-pleasing combo. Plan a night alone, just the two of you, because these small batch Thin Mint Brownies for two are just what the doctor ordered…. the Love Doctor, that is. Woo the handsome man in your life with these Thin Mint Brownies for two, and he’ll be begging to know what’s on your holiday wishlist!
Looks can be deceiving, and if you think these Thin Mint brownies will keep you in the kitchen all day long, think again! The one-pot brownie recipe, simple no-cook cream cheesy mint filling, and melt & pour chocolate ganache couldn’t be simpler; the crunchy cookie bits require nothing more than a simple chop, chop, presto! You’ll have showstopper brownies on your hands in no time and they’ll be devoured in seconds flat!
Ladies, you can thank my complete lack of willpower for this small-batch brownie recipe. These chocolate mint brownies are absolutely addictive and I just can. NOT. stop. eating them. My husband was lucky to get two squares, even if it was date night. Seriously, these are brownie heaven. If these Thin Mint brownies were made in big batches, they’d require a warning label.
Let’s get to baking!
Thin Mint Brownies for Two
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/8 teaspoon mint extract
- green food coloring
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- pinch salt
- 8 Oreo cookies chopped, for topping
- Make the brownies: Melt half a stick of butter in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa and sugar. Stir in flour, salt, vanilla, and egg until combined. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake 15-20 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle removes clean or with minimal gooey chocolate. Cool completely.
- Filling: Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies and refrigerate one hour.
- Ganache: Heat cream until it almost reaches a boil. Pour over chocolate and sprinkle with salt. Allow to rest thirty seconds and then stir until smooth. Spread over frosting. Top with cookie crumbles.
If you’re gaga for chocolate, prepare to fall head over heels for these desserts too!