Oh my yummy goodness! Jelli is back today from Jelli Bean Journals with a chocolate treat that will have your tastebuds watering. Fifteen minutes and three ingredients is all it takes to create Copycat Thin Mint Cookies that your friends will rave about for weeks!
It’s no wonder Thin Mints have been a staple of Girl Scout cookie sales since the 1950’s, they’re delish. Fortunately, we can whip up homemade copycat thin mint cookies in a jiffy that taste just like the originals but are even BIGGER!
Meet your new cookie crush, double decker copycat Thin Mints made from Oreo cookies. Sure, you could split the Oreos and dip each half in chocolate, but we’re gonna throw
calories caution to the wind and go for big crunch, big flavor, and, you guessed it– BIG COOKIES!
No more waiting around months and months for the troops in uniform, let’s take matters into our own hands…er, kitchens and make our own irresistible copycat Girl Scout Cookies!
Who’s in? Copycat Thin Mint Cookies coming right up.
Copycat Thin Mint Cookies
- 28 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- sprinkles optional
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract.
- Dip Oreo cookies into the chocolate using a fork to flip them over and coat both sides.
- Move to a sheet of wax paper and top with sprinkles.
- Cool until chocolate hardens and serve.
More cookie recipes sure to score you mega hostess points:
You can also find me hanging out here:
Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | Google+
Leave a Reply